Let me start by highlighting the muscles that will get built during this 100 Pushup Challenge:
- pectoralis major, commonly known as the pecs, or the chest muscles,
- triceps brachii, at the back of your upper arms,
- a bit of latissimus dors, or just lats, located on your back almost below your arms,
- some deltoid, or shoulder muscle, and
- a little bit of stomach muscle, the exact parts of which I’m not sure.
And those are just the ones I’m aware of. Painfully, painfully aware of.
Needles to say, I failed the 100 Pushups Challenge Day 2. The reps are supposed to be 10, 12, 8, 8 and as much as can but more than 12.
I managed the first 10 after cautiously lowering myself to the mat, convinced my triceps wouldn’t hold me up. It did. I strained out 10. After a few minutes rest, I tried to go for 12, but got stuck on 10, fell to the mat and as hard as I tried couldn’t even lift myself up.
Failure is not an option
In this challenge there are no failures, there are only realisations. Like the realisation that I’m not as shit hot as I thought I was.
Tomorrow, depending on how well my muscles recover, I will either try the same again, or downgrade myself from the 21-30 bracket to the 11-20 bracket, although looking at what’s coming, I might do that anyway.
In the meantime, I noticed that there’s a challenge for situps too!